Know About MIUI 13 New Features, Release Date, Supported Devices, and Download
MIUI, also known as Xiaomi user interface or MI User Interface, is the software that powers all smartphones and tablet devices. It is a customized version of Android optimized to work smoothly on Xiaomi devices with lots of added features, themes, and custom widgets. Since its launch in 2014, the company has been updating it yearly with new features and improvements.
The latest version is MIUI 13, released on July 30th this year, along with the Redmi Note 7 Pro. This post will get all the details about MIUI 13, including its release date, supported devices, and download links for v7.10.
What’s New in MIUI 13?
The most apparent update here is the primary design change to the home screen coupled with the new color scheme. The new home screen looks cleaner and simple with rounded corners and thinner font. The notification bar gets a UI overhaul with a new drop-down menu for quick settings. Themes have been updated with more options and the ability to create your custom theme.
The new themes look more stylish and vibrant with different color combinations. The Security app has been overhauled to look cleaner and more organized. It also comes with new features like AppLock, Password Autofill, and a Virus Scanner. The redesigned UI also allows you to add apps to the safelist directly from the Security app.
Many new features are also added to the Camera app, including Timer, PPT Mode for presentations, and AI Filter, which can be turned on or off. Additional features have also been added to the MIUI Camera app, like Long Exposure and Super Zoom.
30+ MIUI 13 New Features
- Lock Screen Shortcut: You can now add shortcuts to any app on the lock screen.
- Game Speed Booster – The Game Speed Booster feature optimizes frame rates.
- Wise CPU – The new feature will help you save power by closing background processes.
- Dual Voicing – If you receive a call while recording, Dual Voicing will automatically switch to the call.
- Smart Recognitions – The feature automatically adds the location, date, and weather to your notes.
- Smart Screen Rotation – The screen will automatically rotate when you rotate your phone.
- New Discovery – You can discover new wallpapers, apps, and other content.
- Quick Switch between WiFi networks – You can now switch from the Quick Settings.
- Recent Apps Optimisation – You will no longer see the “App is not responding” error message.
- New Notification Management – The Notification Management feature is redesigned and will give you more options for managing notifications.
- File Management – You can now view, share, and delete files from your device.
- Battery Optimisation – You can schedule battery optimization from the Battery menu.
- Network and Notification Privacy – You can now manage the permissions for the apps accessing your network and notifications.
- Language Switching – You can quickly switch between up to five languages while typing a message or using any other app.
Release Date and Supported Devices
The new version of MIUI was announced in May 2019, a few weeks after the Redmi Note 7 Pro was launched. The first device to be launched with MIUI 13 is the Redmi Note 7 Pro MIUI 13 New Features launched, the first phone to come with a 48 MP rear camera. MIUI 13 will be available for all Xiaomi smartphones that run on Android 9 Pie OS. The OS is currently available in the beta version but will be rolled out in a stable form by the end of the year.
The latest version will be first rolled out for the flagship devices like the Mi 9, Mi Mix 3, and Mi Mix 2S. Supported devices for MIUI 13 – Redmi Note 5 Pro, Mi 8, Mi Mix 2S, Redmi Note 6 Pro, Mi 9, Mi 9 SE, Mi Mix 2, Redmi Note 6 Pro Special Edition, Mi Mix 3, and Mi 8 SE.
Download MIUI 13
You can download the latest version of MIUI from the official site or the Xiaomi App. MIUI 13 the download will be in the form of an update package which you can install on your device using the Mi Recovery or apps such as Mi Flash. All devices that run on Android 9 Pie OS can download and install the latest version of MIUI. If you are a Mi device user, you can also get the latest version of MIUI through the OTA update. So, make sure you keep checking MIUI 13 new features for new updates on your device. If you are using a non-Xiaomi device, there is no need to worry.
You can also get the latest version of MIUI on your device using the online update method. You must download the MIUI ROM from the website and flash it on your device using the Mi Flash or any other flash tool.
Lock Screen Shortcut, Game Speed Booster, and Smart CPU
The new version of MIUI has introduced some new lock screen features, including the Lock Screen Shortcut and the Game Speed Booster. You can now add shortcuts to any app on the lock screen which makes it easier to access them directly from the lock screen. Best MIUI 13 new features the Game Speed Booster feature optimizes frame rates by closing background processes. This will help you save power and extend your device’s battery life.
Read More: How to Install TWRP Recovery on Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro and Root it
MIUI 13 also comes with the Smart CPU feature which will help you save power by closing background processes. This is similar to the Game Speed Booster feature but works differently. Once you use an app, the CPU will automatically turn off to save battery and prevent overheating.
More Customisation Options for Themes
- MIUI 13 has brought a significant update to the Themes app, allowing you to create your custom theme.
- The Themes app has over 20 new themes and more than 500 different stickers.
- You can also choose the accent color to create your custom theme. But that is not all.
- The new Themes app also comes with features like the ability to change wallpapers, backgrounds, fonts, and button colors from one theme to another.
- You can also change the accent color of the existing theme or add new ones from the MIUI Theme Gallery.
- The Themes app will open a new era of customization options for MIUI users.
- You can now easily create custom themes and apply them to your device.
The Redesigned Security App
- The Security app has been redesigned and comes with new features like AppLock, Password Autofill, and a Virus Scanner.
- The redesigned UI also allows you to add apps to the allowlist directly from the Security app.
- The AppLock feature will let you lock your apps from prying eyes and unauthorized access.
- You can also schedule the time for locking or unlocking apps from the Security app.
- Password Autofill will help you save time by automatically filling out passwords and other personal data.
- The Virus Scanner will keep a check on the health of your device and remove any malicious apps.
The New Camera App
There are lots of new features added to the Camera app, including the Timer, PPT Mode for presentations, and AI Filter which can be turned on or off. Additional features have also been added to the MIUI Camera app, like Long Exposure and Super Zoom. The new Camera app also brings a few significant updates. You can now easily access all your saved images by swiping left in the gallery and viewing them by albums.
Improvements to Screen Lock and Unlock Experience
MIUI 13 New Features introduced a few screen Lock and Unlock Experience changes. The Lock screen now gets a new design that is more straightforward and cleaner. You can also choose between styles for the Lock screen like the classic Lock screen, a sliding animation, or a static wallpaper. The Unlock experience has also been improved by adding visual effects for swiping and turning the phone. A new Smart Unlock feature will automatically unlock your device if it recognizes your face, voice, or fingerprint.
Above the best MIUI 13 New Features the company has constantly pushed updates to keep the software updated with new features and improvements. Read More News from XiaomiTrends, keep checking back our webiste.